Do you care about prisoners’ families and their children?
HALOW (Birmingham) is seeking to appoint new trustees to drive our charity forward and help shape our future. We’re looking for people with energy, commitment and expertise to strengthen our charity at a time of new opportunity and ensure we are best placed to deliver our services in the changing digital world.
About our Charity
HALOW (Birmingham) has been supporting prisoners’ families for over 30 years since a prisoners’ wife decided something needed to be done. We have a long and successful track record working with prison establishments across the West Midlands running visitors’ centres and initiatives that strengthen family ties throughout the prison sentence and beyond.
Our staff and volunteers currently support over 116,000 family members and significant others visiting prison a year, including over 20,000 children.
About the Role
As a Trustee you will play a vital role in the growth and development of our rehabilitation projects. You will use your skills, passion and experience help the charity thrive, enabling us to continue to strengthen family ties during and after a family member’s prison sentence.
Commitment, engagement and reliability are essential to this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
We would particularly welcome applications from people with skills and experience in:
- Marketing, communications and social media
You will be passionate about supporting prisoners’ families.
- You might have experience in any of the areas of finance, fundraising, or marketing and communications
- You will be able to communicate well and have a drive to move the organisation forward
- You may have the ability to think strategically, providing support and leadership to the senior management team.
- You may have existing working relationships, networks and contacts within the criminal justice system and/or lived experience.
Our Trustees can expect a time commitment of:
- Board meetings every 6 weeks (held at our offices in Digbeth, Birmingham)
- Annual Board “Away Day” for strategic planning
- Attendance at fundraising and networking events, staff training as required
- An additional monthly commitment of up to 3 hours a month for projects as required
Recruitment to these roles is being overseen by iSE (Initiative for Social Entrepreneurs).
Please send a CV with the Expression of Interest form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications
The application deadline is Friday 26nd April 2019.